dev@glassfish.java.net

How to convince entity-persistence-tests to not break due to missing sequence support?

From: Markus KARG <markus.karg_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 17:33:03 +0100

Today I started implemented another DatabasePlatform (Tom, yes, it's the
CORRECT SQL Anywhere platform we talked about) and stumbled over a
problem I hope you can help me with:

The platform I am using is not supporting native sequences support, so I
did not override supportsNativeSequenceNumbers(), because
DatabasePlatform's default is to return false -- which is correct.

Unfortunately when I am running the entity-persistence-tests, I get the
following in the log:

Exception Description: ADDRESS_SEQ: platform DatabasePlatform doesn't
support NativeSequence.

Actually it is a strange behaviour that the tests are trying to use
sequences, since the platform clearly declares that it doesn't support them.

So is this my fault, or is it a bug in the entity-persistence-tests? Or
what is "supportsNativeSequenceNumbers()" good for, if not for (at
least) automatically leaving out sequence-related tests?

Thanks a lot
Markus