dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: SQLAnyhwere / Connection Pool

From: Cheng Fang <Cheng.Fang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 16:25:27 -0500

Markus KARG wrote:
> Cheng,
>> I usually create a jdbc-connection-pool first, then create a
>> jdbc-resource that references that jdbc-connection-pool. If you do
>> it in admin gui, it prompts you in each step.
>>
>> You can look at the jdbc/__default in domain.xml, just for example,
>> <jdbc-resource enabled="true" jndi-name="jdbc/__default"
>> object-type="user" pool-name="DerbyPool"/>
>> DerbyPool is also defined in domain.xml.
>>
>> You can get more help info by running the 2 asadmin commands:
>> asadmin.bat help create-jdbc-connection-pool
>> asadmin.bat help create-jdbc-resource
> That's not the point. I already had set up a Connection pool and a
> jdbc resource, but the question is: How to tell GF that a specific
> EJB-module has to be bound to a specific JDBC resource. It is always
> using the __default resource, but I want it to use a specific
> resource. How to do that?

If your question is about how to specify a jta datasource for a
persistence-unit that resides inside a ejb-jar, you can do so in the
persistence.xml for this persistence-unit.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<persistence xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence" version="1.0">
<persistence-unit name="xxx">
     <jta-data-source>the-jndi-name-of-jdbc-resource (for ex:
jdbc/__default)</jta-data-source>
</persistence-unit>
</persistence>

-cheng