dev@glassfish.java.net

wrong password with 'start-domain'

From: Bobby Bissett - Javasoft <Robert.Bissett_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 12:03:05 -0500

Hi,

I'm trying to reproduce an issue where starting the server with an
incorrect password gave a cryptic error message. But my server seems
very agreeable and doesn't seem to care, so I can't reproduce it. My
output is below -- can someone let me know how to make this fail?

Thanks,
Bobby

---------------------
D:\work\ws\publish\glassfish\bin>cat pass
AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=wrongpassword

D:\work\ws\publish\glassfish\bin>asadmin start-domain --user admin
--passwordfile pass domain1
Starting Domain domain1, please wait.
Log redirected to
D:\work\ws\publish\glassfish\domains\domain1\logs\server.log.
Redirecting output to
D:/work/ws/publish/glassfish/domains/domain1/logs/server.log
Domain domain1 is ready to receive client requests. Additional services
are being started in background.
Domain [domain1] is running [Sun Java System Application Server
Enterprise Edition 9.1 (build )] with its configuration and logs at: [D:\wor
k\ws\publish\glassfish\domains].
Admin Console is available at [http://localhost:4848].
Use the same port [4848] for "asadmin" commands.
User web applications are available at these URLs:
[http://localhost:8080 https://localhost:8181 ].
Following web-contexts are available:
[/web1 /asadmin /adminconsole /wstx-services ].
Standard JMX Clients (like JConsole) can connect to JMXServiceURL:
[service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://hostname:8686/jmxrmi] for domain
management purposes.
Domain listens on at least following ports for connections:
[8080 8181 4848 3700 3820 3920 8686 ].