dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: adding timing string to log message

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_sun.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 21:42:45 -0800

Lloyd L Chambers wrote:
> Bill,
>
> Because FINE generate an enormous amount of stuff that buries anything
> useful. This way, it's still one message. I think startup time is
> probably useful to system admins, too, and the cost is a few more bytes
> in the log file.

I expected that few people other than a small subset of app server
developers would really care how long it took to start up. If in
fact you think a large number of people will care exactly how long
it takes to start up, include that information. But I'm curious,
what are most people going to *do* with that information?