dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Building GF on Java 6

From: Jagadish Prasath Ramu <Jagadish.Ramu_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 08:17:53 +0530

On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 17:34 -0800, Marina Vatkina wrote:
> Hi Jagadish,
>
> It's not clear from the one-pager what is the actual solution, and what binaries
> are you using.
We have a binary having both JDBC 3.0 & JDBC 4.0 classes of RA which
would handle both the cases of building GlassFish with jdk5 / jdk6.
> Do you precompile classes from the JDBC-RA module?
> Or do you
> compile different set of classes depending on the JDK version (can ant figure
> this out?)?
JDBC-RA build environment, depending on the JDK version, will compile
and update appropriate classes.
eg: With JDK 5, com.sun.gjc.spi.jdbc30 will be compiled and updated.
With JDK 6, com.sun.gjc.spi.jdbc40 will be compiled and updated.

Thanks,
-Jagadish