dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Logging settings for WSIT/JAX-WS

From: Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 13:18:38 -0800

Marek Potociar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I noticed that on the configuration page admin console->application
> server->logging->log levels there is a list of several predefined
> modules. Since WSIT and JAX-WS are part of GF distribution, would it
> be possible to add those two modules to the list as well?

Hi Marek,
The page shows the list of modules as specified in sun-domain_1_3.dtd

<!ELEMENT module-log-levels (property*)>
<!ATTLIST module-log-levels
    root %log-level; "INFO"
    server %log-level; "INFO"
    ejb-container %log-level; "INFO"
    cmp-container %log-level; "INFO"
    mdb-container %log-level; "INFO"
    web-container %log-level; "INFO"
    classloader %log-level; "INFO"
    configuration %log-level; "INFO"
    naming %log-level; "INFO"
    security %log-level; "INFO"
    jts %log-level; "INFO"
    jta %log-level; "INFO"
    admin %log-level; "INFO"
    deployment %log-level; "INFO"
    verifier %log-level; "INFO"
    jaxr %log-level; "INFO"
    jaxrpc %log-level; "INFO"
    saaj %log-level; "INFO"
    corba %log-level; "INFO"
    javamail %log-level; "INFO"
    jms %log-level; "INFO"
    connector %log-level; "INFO"
    jdo %log-level; "INFO"
    cmp %log-level; "INFO"
    util %log-level; "INFO"
    resource-adapter %log-level; "INFO"
    synchronization %log-level; "INFO"
    node-agent %log-level; "INFO"
    self-management %log-level; "INFO"
    group-management-service %log-level; "INFO"
    management-event %log-level; "INFO">

If WSIT and JAX-WS can make into this list, then it will show up in that
page with slight changes in AMX and GUI.

It maybe too late to change the dtd now.
Normally user set the Property to specify the module logger and its level.
eg. oracle.toplink.essentials=INFO
to specify the logging level for any module logger that doesn't make it
into the list.
Please file an enhancement in the issue tracker, specifying your module
logger, and we will try to special case that so user can see that as the
other modules, instead of typing in the module logger in the property
name themselves. We may implement this for 9.1 if time permits.

thanks
Anissa.