dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: why on demand initialization of admin service?

From: Lloyd L Chambers <Lloyd.Chambers_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 21:38:53 -0800

Binod,

AdminApp != AdminService

AdminApp is really just a web layer that uses the admin facilities,
such as AMX. CLI is a layer that uses AMX and com.sun.appserv MBeans.

I think the conversation needs to be more precise as there are many
things involved, starting with the MBeanServer, and working up to the
GUI and CLI.

No productive discussion is possible without laying out all the
various pieces so that we can all talk about the same thing. :) I
don't have time for that right now.

Lloyd