dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Heads-up: Changes to the "version" for application server ...

From: Scott Oaks <Scott.Oaks_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 17:48:04 -0500

But there are in fact differences in the platform and enterprise edition
and it's a little confusing not to see that information in the version
string.

In fact, b26 for PE bundles spits out Starting Sun Java System
Application Server Enterprise Edition 9.1, which leaves us with
historical logs files that are confusing to parse. For my team, the most
important difference is that EE doesn't use OnDemandServer and PE does
-- will that and other differences go away?

-Scott