dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: EE quick look

From: Lloyd L Chambers <Lloyd.Chambers_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 13:43:22 -0800

Nandini,

I wish it were true. I've tried the variations. I've removed all
domains, and redone 'maven configure-cluster'. Last night I got it
to run twice, then fail the 3rd time, with no change to the code!

asenv.conf shown below

AS_ANT="/gf/run/lib/ant"
AS_ANT_LIB="/gf/run/lib/ant/lib"
AS_WEBSERVICES_LIB="/gf/run/lib"
AS_PERL="%PERL_HOME%"
AS_NSS="/gf/run/lib"
AS_NSS_BIN="/gf/run/lib"
AS_IMQ_LIB="/gf/run/imq/lib"
AS_IMQ_BIN="/gf/run/imq/bin"
AS_CONFIG="/gf/run/config"
AS_INSTALL="/gf/run"
AS_JAVA="/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/
Home"
AS_ACC_CONFIG="/gf/run/domains/domain1/config/sun-acc.xml"
AS_JHELP="/gf/run/lib"
AS_ICU_LIB="/gf/run/lib"
AS_DEF_DOMAINS_PATH="/gf/run/domains"
AS_JDMK_HOME="/gf/run/lib/SUNWjdmk/5.1"
AS_NATIVE_LAUNCHER="false"
AS_NATIVE_LAUNCHER_LIB_PREFIX="/jre/lib/i386/client"
AS_WEBCONSOLE_LIB="/gf/run/lib"
AS_JATO_LIB="/gf/run/lib"
AS_HADB="Does not exist."
AS_DERBY_INSTALL="/gf/run/javadb"
AS_MFWK_HOME="/opt/SUNWmfwk"
AS_ADMIN_PROFILE=cluster
AS_ADMIN_SECURE=true

Lloyd

On Dec 8, 2006, at 1:31 PM, Nandini Ektare wrote:

> I think Hong's issue is different from what you had ...she had
> rebuilt one module and it was a known module-specific issue
>
> For you, based on our previous mail conversations, I gather you had
> installed using configure-runtime (that puts ina different profile
> - 'developer' into asenv.conf) instead of configure-cluster
> When you run EEQL against this install, it creates new domains with
> this setting instead of with 'cluster' fetching the settings from
> the asenv.conf
> And hence DAS is accessible in non-secure mode at http://localhost:
> 4848 (similarly other port assignments change) whereas rest of EEQL
> assumes a secure mode DAS.
> Hence NA fails to contact DAS. ...Try flipping that env setting to
> 'cluster' or install cluster mode
>
> That said I do agree this is a bit confusing ... (but I think I
> remember seeing mails with plans to get that setting out of
> asenv.conf... )
> Lloyd L Chambers wrote:
>> I saw the same problem. I also added the following to the
>> Quicklook Read Me last night:

>> _______________________________
>> WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING
>> WARNING WARNING
>> QuickLook has a bug which will hang early during the ee tests
>> waiting for an http port that doesn't
>> exist (it typically waits until it times out on port 38080 in sqe-
>> domain, which is the http port
>> found in eeconfig/ee-config.properties. But sqe-domain gets
>> (incorrectly) created with port 8080.
>>
>> This can happen with a fresh checkout or a later run.
>>
>> --Lloyd Chambers, Dec 7, 2006
>> _______________________________
>>

>> On Dec 5, 2006, at 6:59 PM, Hong Zhang wrote:
>>
>>> How do we run the EE QuickLook tests these days? I first used the
>>> command "maven bootstrap configure-cluster" to bootstrap the
>>> latest nightly build and configure a cluster profile. Then I ran
>>> "maven -o runtest-ee". The PE part ran fine, but when it's to the
>>> EE part, I got something like this:
>>>
>>> Command create-node-agent executed successfully.
>>> Command create-instance executed successfully.
>>> start-node-agent --interactive=true --passwordfile /home/hzhang/
>>> files/workspaces/sjsas91/glassfish/appserv-tests/config/
>>> adminpassword.txt --terse=true --user adminuser --
>>> syncinstances=false --startinstances=true --verbose=false --
>>> echo=true sqe-agent
>>> Redirecting output to /home/hzhang/files/sun/appserver/nodeagents/
>>> sqe-agent/agent/logs/server.log
>>> Redirecting application output to /home/hzhang/files/sun/
>>> appserver/nodeagents/sqe-agent/agent/logs/server.log
>>> Enter Admin User:
>>> Enter Admin Password:
>>> Enter Master Password:
>>> Enter Other Password Information (or ctrl-D or ctrl-Z):
>>> com.sun.enterprise.config.ConfigException: Error refreshing
>>> ConfigContext:/home/hzhang/files/sun/appserver/nodeagents/sqe-
>>> agent/sqe-server/config/domain.xml
>>> cause: /home/hzhang/files/sun/appserver/nodeagents/sqe-agent/sqe-
>>> server/config/domain.xml (No such file or directory)
>>> at
>>> com.sun.enterprise.config.impl.ConfigContextImpl.refresh
>>> (ConfigContextImpl.java:386)