dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: why on demand initialization of admin service?

From: Lloyd L Chambers <Lloyd.Chambers_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 12:23:11 -0800

That is not correct. The AdminService is started in ApplicationServer
as the very first ServerLifecycle module. It most defininitely is
not started on demand.

Much of what the AdminService does is required by other parts of the
server. Disabling it would cause many other pieces to fail.

I am working on threaded server startup, which includes the admin
service. I am seeing a 40% reduction in startup time (real time) for
a full startup (not quickstart).

Lloyd Chambers.