dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Status whiteboard - multiple keywords

From: Shreedhar Ganapathy <Shreedhar.Ganapathy_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 13:19:28 -0800

Hi Krishna
I received responses from our collab contacts.
The keyword addition functionality in Issue Tracker is contained within
their overall configuration functionality. The Configuration
functionality is allowed to be accessed only by the project owner role.
And it is inseparable from the configuration functions. So adding
multiple keywords through that route is not an option.

The Status Whiteboard is the best option, in that, anyone with edit
capability can add multiple keywords to an issue. Now the challenge is
to have a commonly accepted delimiter (such as space) between keywords
and in queries to remember to choose "Any of the words" as the matching
criteria. There is the risk that with more keywords being added, unless
the "Any of the words" matching criterion is used, existing saved
queries could break using the default of matching exact keywords. I am
given to understand that at this point the Status Whiteboard is not
widely used.

In sum, I think you can use the space delimiter and add keywords through
the Status Whiteboard field.

Hope this helps.

regards
Shreedhar