dev@glassfish.java.net

preventing install/domain mismatches

From: vince kraemer <Vince.Kraemer_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:13:54 -0800

I need to prevent users from using the bits associated with one version
of the server from starting a domain created for a different version of
the server.

Here is the method that I think will work, but it is very assumption
heavy... Is there a better way to do this?

input: a domain's "root" directory and and installation's root directory

1. get the System ID for the domain.xml document.

2. see if there is a dtd, with a name that matches the dtd named in the
System ID of the domain.xml document, in the install-root/lib/dtds

If there is a file with a matching name, I assume the domain IS
compatible with the installation...

If there isn't a matching file, or just about any other failure, I
assume the domain IS NOT compatible with the installation...

vbk