dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Detecting what version of the server is installed

From: vince kraemer <Vince.Kraemer_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 21:37:02 -0800

Lloyd L Chambers wrote:
> I don't know, Vince. Is a running server an option?

Not really... I want to find out what version of the software is
installed, since the server doesn't need to be running before it is
registered with the IDE. Part of the reason is the IDE needs to use
jars from the server to communicate with it... Old jars usually cannot
communicate with old servers...