dev@glassfish.java.net

PROPOSAL - List of contributors and Pride of Craftsmanship...

From: Eduardo Pelegri-Llopart <pelegri_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 10:15:00 -0500

I have always like the list of "contributors" in software products. Be
them as a easter egg or more easily discoverable. I think they convey a
pride of craftmanship.

I propose we track individual contributors to GF v2 and we ship that
file in the product, suitable discoverable. Anybody that has
contributed to any project in the GlassFish community that is included
in the GF AS would qualify. That includes:

  - Contributors to code in repositories in glassfish.dev.java.net
  - Ditto to code in other repositories that are bundled into the AS
(jaxb, jsf, ...)
  - Anybody contributing code patches.

We can track the bug submitters via issuetracker.

How does this sound like? If so, we can simply enter one line per
contributor into GF v2 at this wiki page:

http://www.glassfishwiki.org/gfwiki/Wiki.jsp?page=IndividualContributors

        - eduard/o