dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Implementation Improvements in Entity-Persistence

From: Markus KARG <markus.karg_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 20:02:56 +0200

Tom,

don't get me wrong, I still appreciate GF and all members, but it was
Sun that asked people to contribute to their projects, and not being
fully democratic about everything is holding back democratic people like
me from spending their time into java.net instead of e. g.
sourceforge.net or apache.org. As I said, this is another discussion and
I liked to stop it, but it seems you are interested in it, so some more
thoughts. Some replies to this task showed me that Sun / Oracle did not
yet understand completely what the difference is between a open source
community and publishing formerly closed source as open source: The
first is a democratic community of equal persons, the latter is like a
monarchy: The king dictates, and the king is not elected. I have
understood this now, and I have to live with it. No need to further
convince me.

Thanks
Markus