dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Issues with entity-persistence-tests on MaxDB

From: Tom Ware <tom.ware_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 16:12:01 -0400

Hi Markus,

  Now that I have had a chance to take a look at your output and your
initial changes, I have found a solution for you that may avoid having
to change the tests. The reason I did not discover this issue sooner is
that OraclePlatform already makes use of this fix and therefore I was
unable to see the overly long foreign key names in my log because they
simply were not generated.

  DatabasePlatform implements getMaxFieldNameSize,
getMaxForeignKeyNameSize and getMaxUniqueKeyNameSize. These methods can
be overridden in your DatabasePlatform subclass. When you have done
that, you should be able to avoid an TopLink generated tables or
constraints having names that are too long. Take a look at
OraclePlatform. It overides getMaxFieldNameSize() and that prevents our
tests from having the error you are seeing when we test on Oracle.
Hopefully just implementing those methods will solve the problem for you
on MaxDB.

-Tom