dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Compiling Glassfish in Eclipse

From: Markus KARG <markus.karg_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 07:54:26 +0200

Wayne,
> I won't claim to be a SQL spec guru, but it seems like this should be
> OK... I'd expect the identity params would be internally removed by
> the sql planning tools etc before the select is performed against the
> table, so in effect, they would have no effect at all on the sql
> results.

regarding my assumption that the problem is the need to update the
cached subquery result: This seems to be true actually, since I found a
tip in the MaxDB manual how to handle updates on DELETE with subquery:

"In the case of the correlated subquery, the desired effect can be
achieved by generating a named result table which is then used in the
subquery."

So if MaxDB wants us to temporarily store the result on our own, the
problem actually seems that MaxDB is unable or unwilling to store the
result on their own. Seems my assumption is true.

Markus