dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Compiling Glassfish in Eclipse

From: Marina Vatkina <Marina.Vatkina_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 12:37:27 -0700

No, that would be a stretch ;).

This is what I usually do (disclosure: Dinesh highly discourages this
as any class removal or api change can break some other module, and
there are several that depend on entity-persistence):

% cd glassfish/bootstrap
% cvs update -dP
% maven clean -> cleans builds leftovers
% maven clobber -> removes <root>/publish/glassfish (but doesn't stop database
or appserver)
% maven bootstrap configure-runtime -> 'bootstrap' brings over the latest build
(snapshot) and 'configure-runtime' installs it.
% cd ../entity-persistence
% maven build
run all the tests.

BTW, my derby settings for entity-persistence-tests are different:

db.driver=org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver
jdbc.driver.jar=<root>/publish/glassfish/javadb/lib/derbyclient.jar
db.url=jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/testdb;retrieveMessagesFromServerOnGetMessage=true;create=true;
db.user=<any name>
db.pwd=<any pwd>

regards,
-marina