dev@glassfish.java.net

problem building appserv-core; missing com.sun.xml.ws.api package

From: Mike Wright <Michael.A.Wright_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 23:44:42 -0700

I've run into a problem while I tried several times to build GlassFish
today, restarting from scratch each time.
(BTW, I've built this successfully before on this system with the same
setup.)

What I tried:

> rm -rf glassfish glassfish_dependencies publish
> cvs co glassfish
> cd glassfish/bootstrap
> maven bootstrap build

but, each time I've tried today, the appserv-core module gets many
[javac] errors starting with:
glassfish/appserv-core/src/java/com/sun/enterprise/webservice/WsUtil.java:212
which is an import for: com.sun.xml.ws.api.WSBinding
but the error message says that this package "doesn't exist"

Is anyone else seeing this? Does anyone have a suggestion for how to
get past this?

FYI, this is on a Linux 2.6 system, and I do see some potential problems
during the "maven bootstrap" part of the build:
- Cookie rejected "$Version=...$Path=/servlets". Illegal path attribute
"/servlets". ...glassfish-image-SNAPSHOT.jar
- [chmod] [ERROR] Result :255 (after "[echo] OS Initialization")
though I recall seeing the chmod error on prior successful builds.

Regards,
Mike Wright
-/-