dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: default commands for cluster, default to the wrong port (4849)

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 15:49:14 -0700

Harpreet Singh wrote:
>> What was decided was to keep 4848 for GlassFish cluster mode (and
>> single instance mode) and 4849 for EE to retain backward compatibility.
>
> As I understand: A developer using GlassFish, uses the cluster mode on
> port 4848. On moving to EE (presume you mean the SDK by EE), the
> developer will see that the ports have changed to 4849. That will be
> confusing and have impact on scripts etc that developers may have.

We really need Kedar to get back from vacation and explain this to
us properly, but let me take a crack at it...

In the "developer profile" (i.e., the GlassFish default, and the
Java EE SDK default), http:4848 will be used for admin.

In the "cluster profile" (i.e., the SJSAS EE product), https:4848
will be used for admin. http:4848 will redirect to https:4848.
https:4849 will also redirect to https:4848.

Anyone who learns port 4848 will be able to use it everywhere.

Anyone who had learned port 4849 will also be able to use that port
for compatibility, but will find their requests redirected to 4848.

I can't say how much of this is currently working... :-)