dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: HEADS-UP: default-web-module optimization

From: Ken Paulsen <Ken.Paulsen_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 14:21:31 -0700

FWIW, I do think the default-web-module feature is nice. I don't have
the strong use case that Bill is looking for, but it is convenient.
We're in the process of developing the new version of the GlassFish
admin console (JSF-based), and we're doing this as a new web module.
It's nice to deploy them as 2 different context roots and be able to
point the "default" to the old one... for now. When we're fully
functional, we'll just switch the default-web-module to the new one. As
a developer, I can do this during development. Of course, I can also
modify the URL...

I also like the idea of having a "real" context root, but having my app
easiliy accessible (i.e.: http://localhost:4848). This isn't possible
w/o redirection on server's like Tomcat.

If this feature isn't difficult to support, I think it's a good
value-add feature that we have over servers like Tomcat.

Ken