dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: wsit on glassfish script

From: Sameer Tyagi <Sameer.Tyagi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 11:20:10 -0400
Ok,  I think I know where the problem was.

I followed the download link from the main Glassfish page which pointed to
Latest Stable: v1_Milestone 7 https://glassfish.dev.java.net/downloads/04May06.html

Which is missing the classpath-prefix attribute - hence the problem....

I think it would be worth adding a note on the wsit download page in case someone tries wsit
on the FCS version....

/s

Arun Gupta wrote:
Hi Sameer,

It seems like you are using an older build of GlassFish. In v2 b13 [1], I see the following fragment in domain.xml:

-- cut here --
<java-config classpath-prefix="${com.sun.aas.installRoot}/lib/jaxws-update.jar" java-home="${com.sun.aas.javaRoot}" debug-enabled="false" debug-options="-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=9009" rmic-options="-iiop -poa -alwaysgenerate -keepgenerated -g" javac-options="-g"

system-classpath="${com.sun.aas.installRoot}/lib/appserv-launch.jar" classpath-suffix="" env-classpath-ignored="true">
-- cut here --

wsit-on-glassfish.xml updates this script correctly. I download v2 b13 [1] and installed on Windows. Then I installed the latest WSIT on it and could run wsgen script successfully which shows the latest JAX-WS integrated there.

ps: Please do not cross-post to internal and public aliases. I've BCCed the internal alias and instead moved the discussion to dev@wsit.

[1] https://glassfish.dev.java.net/downloads/v2-b13.html

Thanks,
-Arun

Sameer Tyagi wrote:
I tried the wsit on glassfish script from WSIT today a few times on windows.
It copies the files into the lib directory but fails to add the classpath-prefix element.

This is because it searches for the token classpath-prefix but in the Glassfish I just downloaded
this element is not there by default.
Here is what the domain.xml contains by default
<java-config java-home="${com.sun.aas.javaRoot}" debug-enabled="false" debug-options="-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=9009" rmic-options="-iiop -poa -alwaysgenerate -keepgenerated -g" javac-options="-g"
               system-classpath="${com.sun.aas.installRoot}/lib/appserv-launch.jar" classpath-suffix="" env-classpath-ignored="true">
   <!-- various required jvm-options -->

There is no classpath-prefix, the script needs to be modifed or the attribute needs to be added to Glassfish

/s