dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [Fwd: why is CPU usage so poor on Glassfish startup?]

From: Lloyd L Chambers <Lloyd.Chambers_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 02:48:08 -0700

AMX MBeans are loaded asynchronously in a separate thread; they are
all queued and a thread empties the queue. Additions to the queue
are made in response to subsequent MBeanServerNotification of new
MBeans being registered (eg a com.sun.appserv MBean).

But I don't believe that the underlying com.sun.appserv MBeans do so.

What I don't "get" is why the other modules don't perform their
initialization in a separate thread, with suitable threading locks or
barriers when there are dependencies. The server *should* be able to
start up in about 2 seconds on my MacBook Pro.

Lloyd