dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Optimizing the CORBA...

From: Ken Cavanaugh <Ken.Cavanaugh_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 10:09:08 -0700

Dyego Souza Dantas Leal wrote:
> Any help ? i'm going crazy !!!
>

> Dyego Souza Dantas Leal escreveu:
>> Hello GlassFish guys !!!
>>
>> GlassFishVersion : v2 b08
>>

>> I have a problem... i write a JEE 5 Application with SessionBeans and
>> client Swing...
>>
>> i run this query in my sessionbean
>>

>> em.createQuery("select m from MyEntity m").getResultList();
>>
>> This query return's 292 entitys in 95 ms (good time...)
>>
>> BUT , in the client...(swing) this query returns in 795ms ....
>>
>> 700ms for serialization ? is a bad time...
>>
>> exists way to optimize it ?

Please send the details of the exact data types returned from this call.
I need to know what Java type MyEntity is, and how it is returned in the
result. The details are critical: for example, returning data types as
java.lang.Object instead of their actual type (when the actual type is
known)
is very expensive over RMI-IIOP.

Certainly we would expect some remote overhead, but this seems excessive.

Ken.