dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: alternate to 'asadmin start-domain'

From: Lloyd L Chambers <Lloyd.Chambers_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:06:50 -0700

Perhaps I'm mistaken...what I meant was that if a JVM is running,
there isn't a way to set system properties that would normally be set
when launching a new process (JVM), since an in-process start of the
appserver doesn't create a new process. Is that an invalid
assumption eg is there a setSystemProperty() call somewhere?

I agree exec'ing another process is perfectly fine, and probably
won't dig up a can of other worms in trying to run Appserver in an
existing JVM; AppServer pretty much assumes it has a "clean slate"
when main() is called.

Lloyd