dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: alternate to 'asadmin start-domain'

From: Kedar Mhaswade <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 15:45:26 -0700

Lloyd L Chambers wrote:
> This is a feature we are considering for 9.1. It’s a bit tricky
> though, given the JVM startup parameters.
>
> Were we to provide an API, it might need to do the same exec() call
> unless we are willing to include native code.

Not sure about native code being required.
Are you absolutely sure about this?

Regarding the original question, I think we should understand the intent.
It appears to me that you want to start the app server in a given VM. Is
that right? I think this resembles Kohsuke's earlier requirement that
he expressed in another e-mail thread regarding embedded GlassFish.
Can someone file an enhancement request detailing the requirement, use
cases and why exec'ing asadmin is not practical/useful.

Thanks,
Kedar