dev@glassfish.java.net

annotation to descriptor mapping question...

From: Peter Williams <Pete.Williams_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 00:29:47 -0700

I have a JAX-WS web service hosted in a web application implemented by
the class "test.NewWebService"

Section 5.3.2.1 of JSR-109 v1.2, when discussing the default mapping
rules for servlet based endpoints that contain a partial web.xml, says
this about the servlet name field: "Fully qualified name of the Service
Implementation Bean class maps to <servlet-name> element in web.xml."

I read this as being that the servlet-name of my backing servlet will be
"test.NewWebService" (or test/NewWebService, in case we swap / for .
when mapping package names to names in XML).

But in Glassfish, as of UR1 B03, the servlet-name is merely NewWebService.

Which is correct?

-Peter