dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Module directory is locked and cant be deleted: {1}

From: Tim Quinn <Timothy.Quinn_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 12:59:56 -0500

Hi, Roger.

Roger I Martin PhD wrote:
> While redeploying I'm hitting
> Module directory is locked and cant be deleted: {1}
> frequently. The webapp is jsf based and I'm employing backing beans
> which employ batik. The Batik jar cannot be deleted from the module's
> folder. Everything else is gone.
>
> How to avoid?
I assume this is on a Windows system.

There have been numerous issues with jar files remaining locked on
Windows systems and, therefore, causing problems redeploying or
undeploying the app to which they belong.

There are a variety of potential causes for this. To figure out exactly
what's going on:

1. Which build of GlassFish are you using?

2. Can you share the app with us? If so, you could send it to me in
e-mail or send me a link by which I could retrieve it.

3. If you aren't able to or comfortable with sending the app to us, let
me know. There is an alternative that we could pursue if needed.

Thanks.

- Tim