dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Why do we need to waste time with a 'bug bridge'?

From: Geoffrey Halliwell <Geoffrey.Halliwell_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 14:22:30 -0700

Hi Vince,

Bug Bridge was created to synchronize our internal and external bug
tracking system, and it's just another piece in building our GlassFish
eco-system.

It satisfies a most fundamental use-case for the external development
community: what bugs exist in the module I'm working on? Is the
bug/issue I'm seeing a known problem? Can I get to the data easily?

Also, merging the data makes it much easier to track a release. I've
worked on a number of releases with multiple bug-tracking system, and
trust me on this one - eventually it leads to confusion, and wastes time.

Yes, it's important to file bugs. Yes, it's important to fix bugs. But
it's also important to have one common database to record and track the
quality issues.

MHO of course.

Geoff