dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: source page

From: Carla Mott <Carla.Mott_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 16:18:07 -0700

Dinesh Patil wrote:

It is a binary dependency but the question is how does one get the
source to that binary that is in GlassFish.

Information I want in the table is what someone needs to get to the source
that is not in GlassFish workspace under glassfish.dev.java.net. For
example, if there is a bug in JSF and the developer wants to see the code
then how does he get it? Ideally, he goes to the table and looks up JSF,
goes to the project and checks out the workspace using the appropriate
tag (listed in the table) and he has the source that was compiled, bundled
and integrated into GlassFish.

If there is a bug in "third party code" then we should be able to point to at
least a build that we got from the appropriate web site. If the providers of
that bundle don't have the source post or available then there is nothing we
can do. We should know what we integrated, when we did it and where we got it.

The issue may be the column header of 'tag name' and we can change it to
something that is more appropriate and applies to other workspaces. You
are right that the appropriate value is not a tag name always.

If there are things on the list that appear in the glassfish workspace
then we should remove them from the list because they are in the source
bundle that we post.

Thanks,
Carla

--