dev@glassfish.java.net

Question about port-info subelement of service-ref in sun descriptor files.

From: Peter Williams <pete.williams_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 16:27:34 -0700

I'm trying to determine, given a particular J2EE 1.4 or JavaEE5 module
containing a webservice client, what the total range of valid values are
for the port-info fields in the service-ref entry in the sun deployment
descriptor for the module.

* It would seem that if the port-info/service-endpoint-interface field
is filled in, the valid values are exactly one of the service-endpoint
interfaces found in the port-component-refs defined in webservices.xml
(or presumably annotation equivalent though I haven't check this part
yet) for the module.

* However, port-info/wsdl-port appears to be an alternative valid way to
specifying which port the extra port-info data refers to. In this case,
where exactly are the valid values for the namespaceURI and localpart
fields coming from? It appears these would be derived from the WSDL
file that the particular client refers to, but can someone elaborate
exactly which WSDL fields they come from. In the case of multiple WSDL
files packaged with the module, how is the specific WSDL file containing
this information located? (for example, are all WSDL's scanned until a
match for the service-name is found, or ???)

Thanks

-Peter