dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: how does glassfish process _at_WebService annotation ??

From: Vijay Ramachandran <Vijay.Ramachandran_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 15:38:24 -0800

Take a look at
appserv-commons/src/java/com/sun/enterprise/deployment/annotation/handlers/WebServiceHandler

During deployment of a service, all deployment descriptors (if any) will
be loaded and then the annotations are processed. On seeing an
@WebService, the annotation framework call WebServiceHandler which
processes the annotation. While processing the annotation, we check if
there a deployment desc entry already available and if so, the
annotation values will not override the equivalent defined in the
descriptor. At the end of the annotation processing phase, we have all
the information required with which we generate WSDLs and other portable
artifacts (if not packaged).

Hope this helps

Vijay