dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: HEADS UP: Upgrading the schema2beans.jar for appserver ...

From: Alex Kravtchenko <alexandre.kravtchenko_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 16:07:42 -0800

Hi Jerome,

   Sorry for the delay.
   What do you mean under "pure" JavaBeans? Self-contained beans, not
requiring the thick base classes(s2b runtime)?
   ConfigBeans are following the JavaBeans getters/setters signature,
but they extend s2b's BaseBean class, so probably they could no be
called "pure" JavaBeans. Meanwile, these beans are tightly bound to xml
file and these rintime classes actually take care of such beans
persistance (mapping/reading/writting of the xml-tree/file). Anyway
this functioality should be implemented whether in admin or in beans
theirselves.
   After discussion on admin team meeting with Kedar and Abhijit, we
decided not to run to "pure" standalone java beans, if their generation
is possible (we do not know if shema2beans can generate standalone, not
requiring runtime lib , beans at all).

   Regarding schema2beans versions. This issue appears because we use
s2b runtime.
Even if we will use s2b runtime lib, then hopefully 4.0 generated beans
will be compatible with any runtime libraries of later versions.
Unfortunately, it is not true for beans generated under erier version
(v.3.5 beans are not compatible with later libs). That was the main
reason to move to recent schema2beans version.

Kedar, could you please add your comments.
Thanks,
Alex