dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: HEADS UP: Upgrading the schema2beans.jar for appserver ...

From: Alex Kravtchenko <alexandre.kravtchenko_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 10:28:03 -0800

Hi Jerome,

   Beans, generated by s2b still extend schema2bean's BaseBean class and
require schema2beans run-time library.
   Starting from netbeans 4.x, schema2beans module is divided onto two
jar files - schema2beans.jar (~300Mb) and schema2beansdev.jar (~900Mb).
The second jar file is needed only for beans generation phase. The
first one (runtime) is merging into appserv-rt.jar during bootstraping.
So, switching to recent versions will eliminate a lot of appserver's
runtime footprint.

Alex