dev@glassfish.java.net

HEADS UP: Upgrading the schema2beans.jar for appserver ...

From: Kedar Mhaswade <kedar.mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 22:25:01 -0800

All,
    Alexandre Kravtchenko and I are planning to upgrade the
schema2beans.jar that is part of Glassfish binary dependencies. This
will be done by December 18, 2005. We are planning to use the latest
4.2.0 version of this jar that will be staged in the process. More could
be found about this jar at
http://schema2beans.netbeans.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList.

    Note that we have serverbeans (used by the server runtime to modify
and persist domain.xml) and clientbeans (required by the application
client container) depending upon this jar. We will make sure that the
generation of beans is successful and will make minor modifications to
the base classes to make the beans work with the changes in latest
schema2beans.jar.

    We will run the Quicklook and other required tests. Note that we
have not modified other parts of server that might be using other
versions of Netbeans for their purpose. We think that nothing else is
impacted because of this.

    As a result of this integration, classes from new schema2beans.jar
will be made part of appserv-admin.jar, new serverbeans and clientbeans
will be generated and checked in to Glassfish sources.

    The basic reason for this upgrade is to use the latest from
schema2beans and to try to reduce the footprint of server by not using
the classes in earlier version of this jar that are useful only to
generate the beans and not required at runtime.

    Let us know if you see any concerns.

Regards,
Kedar/Alex.