dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: custom Realm implementation

From: Allen Gilliland <Allen.T.Gilliland_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:09:40 -0800

On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 16:07, Miguel A Paraz wrote:
> On 11/17/05, Allen Gilliland <Allen.T.Gilliland_at_sun.com> wrote:
> > I've attached my source files.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> "Me too." I also plan to run Roller on Glassfish.

Just FYI. Right now I am working on this primarily to prove it's possible and see what tweaks are required that deviate from our current install guide.

Unfortunately, becuase Roller currently relies on CMA the install process is rather cumbersome on some containers and requires custom code. Hopefully, starting with Roller 2.1 we will be switching to a built-in security system which will make things a *whole* lot easier. Until then the Roller + Glassfish combo may not be the best opition.

I don't know exactly when Roller 2.1 will be done, but I would like to say before the end of the year.

-- Allen