dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: a few more email aliases

From: Jerome Dochez <Jerome.Dochez_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 22:15:11 -0700

I concur. I don't think we should be already forking ;-)

Eventually, I do agree that several aliases will make sense but I can't
say we are there yet.

Outside of the noise level, I think there is a value in understanding
what others are doing as well, we are sometimes acting too boxed within
each technology. With Thread aware email clients, it's easy to kill
entire conversations that are of no interest to me, so I think I can
manage noise for quite some time.

For instance we could request that people put some technology
information in the subject line of the email like :

    persistence - team meeting notes
    deployment - performance improved 30%, what's next ?
    webservices - soap handlers processing order

that way, folks can create filters that will just achieve the same
effect than multiple email aliases yet providing the ability to share or
control for the time being.

Jerome