dev@glassfish.java.net

more build dependency questions

From: Matthew L Daniel <mdaniel_at_scdi.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 10:51:19 -0400

I'm sorry if these seem obvious to everyone except me. I just feel there
is a lot of "context" that has built up (as with any software
engineering endeavor) and I just need to get up to speed on it.

First, a more general question about builds. Is there a "tinderbox"
machine accessible outside of the SWAN that one can check before asking
silly build questions?

I am still not entirely clear on the relationship between the binary
dependencies that come down from dev.java.net and those which should
compile from CVS. Is there a listing?

An example of this is EJBUtils and the peorb. Is the peorb only
available (meaning updated, also) from glassfish-image-SNAPSHOT?

I'm trying to avoid downloading a 60M image every night that is
functionally identical to the previous night's SNAPSHOT.

  Thanks,
  -- /v\atthew