dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Why can't I have multiple builds?

From: Dinesh Patil <dinesh.patil_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 13:16:19 -0700

vince kraemer wrote:

> If I follow the instructions on the build page, I cannot have multiple
> "versions" of glassfish unless I remember to edit the
> $HOME/build.properties entries or making a change in the
> bootstrap/build.properties (which seems like a risk for sloppy cvs
> commiters)
>
> Is there another way to support multiple builds on a single machine?

You can also define everything in
workspace_1/glassfish/bootstrap/project.properties
workspace_2/glassfish/bootstrap/project.properties
and don't put anything inside ~/build.properties. this will work for
multiple workspaces on the same machine.
OR
you can always add, under your module, a build.properties files:
ex: appserv-http-engine-ee/build.properties
The way maven load properties can be seen by doing:
maven -X build
> Using userBuildPropertiesFile: /home/ja120114/build.properties
> Using projectPropertiesFile:
/home/ja120114/90_appserv/glassfish/appserv-http-engine-ee/project.properties
> Using projectBuildPropertiesFile:
/home/ja120114/90_appserv/glassfish/appserv-http-engine-ee/build.properties
> Using userBuildPropertiesFile: /home/ja120114/build.properties
> Using projectPropertiesFile:
/home/ja120114/90_appserv/glassfish/bootstrap/project.properties
> Using projectBuildPropertiesFile:
/home/ja120114/90_appserv/glassfish/bootstrap/build.properties

See http://maven.apache.org/reference/properties.html