dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Api for doing domain.xml manipulation

From: Kedar Mhaswade <kedar.mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:56:04 -0700

There is no public/exposed API that you could use to do it yourself. Of
course, you could start from first principles of XML-parsing, but that
is not that attractive. It is also possible to use the industry standard
solutions to modify an XML document bound with a schema document. The
down-side of this is you'd lose the strong validation that you'd
otherwise have. The validation is complex as you would find from the dtd
of the domain.xml.

We are thinking of providing such a functionality in the glassfish
platform itself, relaxing the need of writing a separate tool for
reading/editing domain.xml. May I know the use cases that you have?

Will a higher level API like AMX satisfy your requirement?
This API and its implementation will allow you to change any attribute,
create/delete elements etc. in the domain.xml.

Separately from that, using a straightforward, schema2beans (Netbeans
fame) approach is also possible, but not available at this time.

Regards,
Kedar