dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Attempting to download glassfish-image-SNAPSHOT.jar.

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:28:23 -0400

Pierre Delisle wrote:
> Whenever I run a maven command, the following always happens
> first:
>
> Attempting to download glassfish-image-SNAPSHOT.jar.
>
> A few questions:
>
> - Why is this always run by default for any maven command?

Because its the default behaviour with Maven 1.x, and it is impossible
to customize the behaviour (will be with Maven 2.0).

> - Does it do the download only if the snapshot has changed?

Yes.

> - How can this be disabled?

% maven -o ...

will disable the dependencies mechanism. Or you can change the binary
you are building agains. In glassfish/bootstrap/project.properties, changes:

glassfish.image.version=SNAPSHOT

glassfish.image.version=9.0-b10 (b10 is the latest promoted build).

This way you will download the image only once (SNAPSHOT is updated
every night (nightly build).

-- Jeanfrancois