dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Deploy time terrible on the mac

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 17:03:11 -0400

Hi Ed,

Ed Burns wrote:
> Hello Team,
>
> The JSF team has always maintained a strict test first regimen that
> requires all the automated tests to be run by a developer before a
> checkin. JSF now runs exclusively on Glassfish, which means we must use
> Glassfish for these tests.
>
> For starters, autodeploy doesn't work on the mac with my cactus test
> app. It's hard to diagnose. Shall I share my war with Jerome?

Sent it to this list so external peoples can follows :-)

> When using asadmin to deploy the app, I get a strange error:
>
> CLI171 Command deploy failed : Deployment of application failed -
> invalid stream header; requested operation cannot be completed.

See bug 6296095. This error is the result of the connection being close,
reaching the maximum allowed keep-alive requests. As a workaround, edit,
in domain.xml:

        <keep-alive max-connections="256" thread-count="1"
timeout-in-seconds="500"/>

and set max-connections to -1.

-- Jeanfrancois