admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: InstanceState service : getting the state of an instance

From: Anissa Lam <anissa.lam_at_oracle.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 15:24:42 -0700

On 7/7/10 2:25 PM, Jerome Dochez wrote:
> On 7/7/10 10:19 AM, Vijay Ramachandran wrote:
>> On 7/7/10 10:16 AM, Anissa Lam wrote:
>>> Hi Vijay,

>>> What are other state that will be returned besides RUNNING,
>>> NOT_RUNNING and RESTART_REQUIRED ?
>> Currently the above + STARTING are the only states. I have not looked
>> into GMS stuff in detail as yet - more states may have to be added
>> once I get a better understanding of GMS sub system.
>>> Is this an enum ? where is this defined ?
>> Look at InstanceState.StateType
> why not using ServerEnvironment.Status instead ?

Have we reached a decision on this ? I need to know what is the
instance status returned by list-instances in the ActionReport
message-part property.
As of now, it is hard coded to "RUNNING", "NOT_RUNNING" instead of
using InstanceState.StateType nor ServerEnvironment.Status. Is there
a plan for list-instances to switch to either StateType or Status ? if
so, which one ?

thanks
Anissa.