admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: questions about converting html to wiki

From: Scott Fordin <scott.fordin_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 09:26:13 -0400

There's a Perl-based html2wiki utility available for Ubuntu (and other
deb-based distros, I'm guessing) that can output to a variety Wiki
dialects. Not sure if this will help you, but more information about
the tool is available at:

http://search.cpan.org/~diberri/HTML-WikiConverter-0.68/bin/html2wiki

I've also put in a request to our internal tools people to see if we
have an in-SWAN utility for doing this. For the doc people, because
we author in SGML, we can use our genhtml utility to go from SGML to
HTML or wiki, but not directly from HTML _to_ wiki. I've also written
a few Notetab Pro scripts ("clips," in the tool's parlance) to do this
sort of thing, but they're Windows-only (or Wine) and not totally
generalized yet.

Scott