admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: getting admin port number

From: Tim Quinn <tim.quinn_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 13:02:10 -0500

Thanks, Carla.

So far things should work OK if the administrator has chosen to secure
the admin traffic. (The admin will have set up Grizzly to redirect http://myhost:4848
  to https://myhost:4849 and our asadmin client will know how to deal
with that.)

If the administrator has set up an admin username and password, how
are those values sent given that we don't support

--password

on asadmin commands? Is there a preceding step which securely
transfers a password file to be specified using

--passwordfile

(Apologies if this is all covered in a one-pager somewhere. If so,
pointer appreciated.)

- Tim