admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: added support for default-config.xml

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 09:34:47 -0700

Jerome Dochez wrote on 4/8/10 1:59 AM:
> I can see 2 disadvantages :
>
> 1. the default-config.xml was separated from the domain.xml meaning it
> was surviving the domain deletion or supporting the multi domain
> situations.

Also meaning that you couldn't customize it per-domain, like you could
in v2. Unless it's copied into each domain, which means it wouldn't
survive domain deletions.

> 2. the deep copy of config element is not implemented, that might be
> more work than adding the support for --target to CLI commands.

Support for --target has to be added no matter what, so that's not a
relevant comparison.

Why is it difficult to copy the config elements?

> as for the GUI, it we can make them switch to REST, they might still be
> able to use set those default-config.xml

That would mean opening and managing another file, separately from domain.xml.
Of course it can be done, but we're trying to understand why it's so
difficult to copy xml elements such that we should consider a different
and less compatible approach.