admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: What to name clustering cli classes?

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 16:35:10 -0700

Vijay Ramachandran wrote on 04/ 2/10 04:26 PM:
> On 4/2/2010 4:10 PM, Bill Shannon wrote:
>> When you say "CLIs", what do you mean?
>>
>> If you mean the server-side implementations of CLI commands, the
>> answer is no.
>
> I meant the above.
>
>> So, if there's a few server-side classes that will work with the
>> server-side admin commands, I'd just put them in the same package.
>>
>> If there's 30 such classes, I'd create a new package.
>
> For command replication related stuff, we are probably looking at only
> 10 classes. But we will also have classes for other clustering related
> features (for example, synchronization etc), right ?

Well, it's a judgment call.

If there's 10 admin commands and 10 other classes, that seems fine for
a single package.

But if you think there's going to be lots of other commands, you can group
some of them together into a subpackage.

For instance, we already have com.sun.enterprise.v3.admin with some admin
commands and some support classes, and com.sun.enterprise.v3.admin.commands
with more admin commands.

If you can't decide, ask Jerome! :-)