admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: What to name clustering cli classes?

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 16:10:51 -0700

When you say "CLIs", what do you mean?

If you mean the server-side implementations of CLI commands, the
answer is no.

If you mean client-side local asadmin CLI commands, the answer is they're
in a different package.

What do you mean?

Unlike some people, I don't tend to create new packages at the drop
of a hat. Just because you can think of a logical grouping of more
than one class, doesn't mean you need a new package.

So, if there's a few server-side classes that will work with the
server-side admin commands, I'd just put them in the same package.

If there's 30 such classes, I'd create a new package.

And we can create subpackages of com.sun.enterprise.v3.admin.cluster
even though there's also classes directly in
com.sun.enterprise.v3.admin.cluster.

Just my opinion...