admin@glassfish.java.net

Mystery solved (was Re: asadmin start-domain doesn't)

From: Paul Davies <Paul-Martin.Davies_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 13:28:57 -0800

Hi,

After further investigation, I discovered that this problem was a
combination of slow performance on my system and impatience on my part.
The start-domain command was waiting until the pid file was written
before continuing. I discovered this by issuing the command and letting
it run while I went away to talk to an engineer about another subject.
After I returned several minutes later, the domain had started OK.

Sorry for the unnecessary debate.

Regards,
-Paul

--
Paul Davies, Senior Technical Writer, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
http://blogs.sun.com/techscribe/