admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: asadmin start-domain doesn't

From: Paul Davies <Paul-Martin.Davies_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 09:10:12 -0800

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions.

For reasons that I do not understand, things that did not work
yesterday, work fine today. I have just started a domain with java -jar
glassfish.jar without any problems. I stopped the domain and then
started it with asadmin start-domain and again it started without problems.

It seems that the problem was caused because, for some reason, the
server could not write to the domain's config dir. Today it could. I
have no idea what happened to cause this problem in the first place, or
what changed overnight (apart from me getting a night's sleep!).

I think I'll let this sleeping dog lie unless I experience this problem
again, in which case I'll try to get to the root cause so that it could
be added to the documentation.

Regards,
-Paul

--
Paul Davies, Senior Technical Writer, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
http://blogs.sun.com/techscribe/